Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another ethereal voice: Lhasa de Sela*



I came across Lhasa de Sela through a friend. She lives in Canada and was raised in US and Mexico. Her songs are (so far as I listened) in Spanish, English and French and she presents an eclectic Latin American/Eastern European Gypsy style. Her third album is due for release in April. My favorites of hers are La Confession and Con Toda Palabra.

* I don't generally score music because my knowledge of it is far from critical.

4 comments:

  1. Check the videos (specially for Con Toda Palabra), and "small song".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to know Lhasa from cbc radio.. she was on the Obama playlist nominations, but lost to Jesse Cook in World music category. I like her music :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear
    So excited that u love this chanteuse. J’adore 'la mare haute'… c’est trop Mélancolique… I remember days and days that I listened to that song. A bit sad but strong… especially when there is no one... the atmosphere is very bizarre too, so Gothic
    enjoy it
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. The singer Lhasa de Sela passed away in her Montreal home on the night of January 1st 2010, just before midnight. :'(

    http://lhasadesela.com/

    ReplyDelete