Tuesday, January 20, 2009


"I took a speed-reading course and read War and Peace in twenty minutes. It involves Russia." --- Woody Allen

Living circumstances of 21st century leave us less time to spend casually. The chances of reading a good lengthy article from a respected columnist/critic on a daily basis (or even weekly), for me at least, are becoming more and more unattainable.

The idea of creating this blog came to me while I was reading a film review and was constantly interrupted with various things (new Emails, sms, phone calls and steam coming out of the kettle with its funny yet menacing music). For a while, I was flirting with this idea of having an English blog and at that moment I told myself, "Why not a blog with posts too short that can be read with very low chance of interruption?".
So here it is. Except for this introductory post, you won't see a post longer than 451 characters (yes characters, not words). I'll keep that promise even if that requires butchering my writing either in content (by taking out less essential lines) or in presentation (by using POV instead of point of view, for example). For an average human, reading each post shouldn't take more than a minute. Hopefully, it'll give you more than what reading War and Peace in 20 minutes gave Mr. Allen! In exceptional cases, I'll allocate more than one post to the same topic. In this blog I'll express my opinions on things as wide as books, music, movies, and news in a very succinct style.

Welcome to the TerseLand.

No comments:

Post a Comment